JEAN MONNET NETWORK: TRADE AND INVESTMENT IN SERVICES ASSOCIATES (TIISA) - YOUNG SCHOLARS PAPER AWARD
Deadline for submissions: 31 August 2020
- PhD and PhD-equivalent Students, Young Professionals and Early Career Researchers
- The paper must address issues related to international trade and investment in services. Where possible, it is anticipated that the issues will have relevance to the process of economic integration in services and to be relevant to current issues in the European Union.
- The author(s) of the paper should possess or be engaged in the process of gaining a PhD or PhD-equivalent degree, be a young professional or a researcher at an early stage of their career. Applicants will be asked to provide a statement from their supervisor or a senior colleague to establish that this condition is met.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to at least one author.
- To be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 10,000 words.
Information for applicants
- The topic of the paper will have some relevance for or application to the process of economic integration in services, including in the European Union.
- The Award is offered once every six months.
- Papers submitted must not yet be published in a formal manner (for example, in a book or journal, including an online journal), nor yet submitted for publication. The winning papers must be available to be published as a TIISA Discussion Paper or TIISA Working Paper on www.tiisa.org
- The winner will receive a certificate and commendation to the effect that they are winner of the award. The winner will be asked to note this award when the paper is published in any subsequent format.
- The winner will also receive a payment of Euros 5,000. In the case of a co-authored paper, the award will be equally divided among the authors.
- In addition,
- a second runner-up award may be granted of Euros 3,000 and
- a third award my be granted of Euros 2,000.
Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- The written paper
- The CV of the author(s), specifying (i) date of birth of the author[s] (ii) current affiliation(s), (iii) where relevant the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iv) where relevant the year (or the expected year) of the PhD.
- Supporting letter from a supervisor or senior colleague.
- Email your application form to email@example.com.